Dantas Rodrigues & Associados excels for its technical quality in orienting, preventing and resolving issues related to digital law and the use of technology.
All citizens have the right to be informed by online service and software companies about the treatment and storage of their data, in terms of access to such data, and have the right to request the rectification or elimination of such data and also the right to oppose its being transmitted to third parties.
As far as minors under the age of sixteen are concerned, the treatment of their personal data is illegal by private or public corporate bodies unless the holder of parental rights gives their consent to gather and treat such data.
Our services include:
- Identification of the authors of emails and anonymous offensive messages;
- Procedures and notifications for the removal of illegal online content (offenses, false profiles, unlawful use of name, image, brand);
- Claims for compensation against those responsible for illegal online content;
- Counselling in procedures for the rectification or elimination of data;
- Monitoring criminal investigation for cybernetic crimes (presence at all phases of proceedings before criminal police authorities and criminal courts);
- Ensure the fulfilment of the applicable laws governing information websites or e-business by introducing suitable policies in the interest of the companies involved;
- Legal proceedings to prevent websites and online services from being blocked;
- Bringing action for damages due to unwarranted removal of legal content;
- Negotiation, acquisition and transfer of digital domain names and digital assets;
- Drawing up of official legal opinions on issues related to digital law;
- Creation of start-up companies;
- Consultative and litigious counselling for start-up companies and digital businesses, protection and judicial review in the areas of intellectual property, consumer law, civil liability and taxation;
- Counselling in licencing of activities related to the management and operation of electronic platforms;
- Counselling for claims by electronic platform users;
- Counselling in the registration of activities related to personal data treatment within the scope of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Officer.